Rush Hour for SimCity 4 adds several new sought after features by the fans. One of the most, pre-expansion pack, wanted things were avenues to help alleviate traffic in your downtown core and make the cities more realistic. Another feature requested by fans were a markup tool to name neighbourhoods and make notes in special areas. The expansion pack also introduces U-Drive It! which lets you take control of civic vehicles, trains, helicopters and much more for fun or for rewarding missions that often unlocks new exciting things for the player. Last but no least a brand new spanking and shining building set of European styled architecture is included in the package.
But perhaps the most important aspect of Rush Hour is that it lets you add much more user-made content then before, there are literally thousands of objects online that requires the expansion pack to function properly.
NEW TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
- One-way streets, elevated rail, new bridge types, avenues and ferry systems.
- Alien invasions, car accidents and train derailments. One comeback from previous instalments and two brand new ones!
- Tons of new structures will be available in the expansion. Rail yards, helipads, parking garages, historic train stations, road marks, tourist attractions plus a new European building set!
SIGNS MAKE A COMEBACK
- One of the more exciting features is the ability to create signposts throughout your cities. Streets, lakes, mountains are among the things that can be named.
GRAND THEFT AUTO
- In Rush Hour you can also take control of vehicles, why not take control of a police car and chase a car-jacker down the streets. Or maybe you need more cash? Rob a bank and escape before the police catches you!
- Watch your transportation network from the region map or track the flowing traffic in your cities with a new overlay.
SIMCITY 4 RUSH HOUR
“Rush Hour takes the next step by adding such useful features…”
– GameSpot (8.3)
“The details here are almost overwhelming…”
– PC IGN (8.0)
“…put your foot on the gas and get your Sims on the go!”
– GameSpy (FAIR)