Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
simCity4 tutorials
02-08-2013, 08:22 AM
simCity4 tutorials
sorry for such a dumb question, but I can't figure out a good way to do a search for this . . .

i'm new to simCity4, and i need to watch the game's built-in tutorials . . . i watched a bunch of them in a hurry . . . i figured the tutorials would all still be there if i wanted to watch them again . . . but they're gone now, and i really need to learn what was in the "making money" tutorial . . .

i even uninstalled the darn game and downloaded it again from steam, but i didn't uninstall the game thoroughly enough, i guess, because the game knew that i'd already watched most of the tutorials . . .

would somebody please tell me how to get the darn tutorials back on the region map? THANK YOU 4 sure.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: simCity4 tutorials
Did you uninstall the game completely, even removing the SC4 folder and letting it install from scratch? If you kept the Simcity 4 folder in my documents when you uninstalled, it probably won't let you replay the tutorials.

Hope this helps, -Darth Apple

http://simmania.darkbb.com - a growing SC4 fansite/community
02-09-2013, 01:46 AM
thank you, DA, for your help . . . you're right about my not getting the game completely uninstalled . . . but i got lucky today and found the control for the game's built-in tutorials . . . on the Region page, in the top-right corner is a button some control options, and that's where the game lets you redo the tutorials . . . very easy . . . Now if i can just find a workaround to get the budget lady off my case all the time <lol> . . . at this point, i think i'd be great just to plan a big city w/o having to always worry with the budget . . . there's a cheat for 1k sim-bucks (whatever), but what good is 1k of the things? . . . i'd like about a million of them so i could forget about the money for a while . . . <lol> . . . anyway, thank you for taking the time to post for me . . .
02-09-2013, 04:04 AM
I think there was actually a plugin that added some cheat codes, one of which was the moolah cheat. It made it much easier to give yourself a lot of money. I forget what the plugin was called though.

http://simmania.darkbb.com - a growing SC4 fansite/community
05-03-2013, 01:32 PM
A great exchange of information.

free annual credit report government