Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Ferries
03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Ferries
I'm a big fan of waterfront cities, and especially of ferries and bridges! Unfortunately, those two do not always work well together. If I raise the ground so that the bridge is high enough of the water for a ferry to pass through and looks realistic, the shore is too steep to place a ferry terminal where I want one, or any land/water peice for that matter. Does the bridge hight mod make it so that the bridge can be built at any level, and a ferry can still pass through it?

Thanks for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2010, 05:53 PM

No, the bridge height mod does not affect the ferries.

People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who do. Lol
I reject your reality and substitute my own. :wink:
03-08-2010, 11:12 PM

oh well. Thanks anyways!
03-09-2010, 03:44 AM

What I usually do is to use the ground raising lots to raise just a small section of ground to where the bridge will start from and end at.

People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who do. Lol
03-09-2010, 08:46 PM

i've tried that. sometimes i can get it to work but usually i get an unsuitable slope error. i think i may just keep the slope going down to the water steep so the bridges look realistic and use the CDK leveler where I want to plop the ferries.
03-10-2010, 05:57 PM

I think you may need to make the elevated section longer.

05-20-2011, 08:47 AM
RE: Ferries
A boat or ship for conveying passengers and goods, esp. over a relatively short distance and as a regular service.A ferry (or ferryboat) is a form of transportation, usually a boat, but sometimes a ship, used to carry (or ferry) primarily passengers, and sometimes vehicles and cargo as well, across a body of water. Most ferries operate on regular, frequent, return services. A passenger ferry with many stops, such as in Venice, is sometimes called a water bus or water taxi.A ferry is a boat which is designed to move people from one point to another. In cities located on large bodies of water, or areas with a large number of rivers and canals, ferries form an important part of the transportation system. In addition to being used by people and their cars, ferries are also utilized by shipping trucks and trains, and used to load and transport materials in bulk..

massage chairs
05-23-2013, 09:15 PM
I really liked this information.

annual free credit report gov
01-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Convey in a ferry or other ship or boat, especially across a short stretch of water.