Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Simcity.com Lot Exchange
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Post: #1
Simcity.com Lot Exchange
I've downloaded several lots from the lot exhange but they don't show up in my plugins folder or in the game? Am I doing something wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Post: #2
 
The files will be where you saved them to. They don't automatically go to your plugins.

People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who do. Lol
I reject your reality and substitute my own. :wink:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Post: #3
 
on the simcity website it doesn't give me an option to save them . . . it just downloads them automatically . . . . ?

This is what the page says . . . .

You are now ready to download your Lot from The SimCity 4 Lot Exchange.
This lot file will be placed in your '\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins' folder.

Im running windows vista so i don't have a "my documents folder" . . . its just "documents" . . . is there a way to change where it saves to?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Post: #4
 
I've never downloaded from the exchange, so I don't know. I would suggest that you contact EA support, or do a computer search for the file.

People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who do. Lol
I reject your reality and substitute my own. :wink:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Post: #5
 
u copy it to DOCUMENTS and find plugins folder
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Post: #6
 
Funny...

Quote: ThatGuy"The files will be where you saved them to. They don't automatically go to your plugins.

Quote:ThatGuy...I've never downloaded from the exchange, so I don't know....

uh huh, that makes sense...

The files from the official websites are automatically downloaded into your plugin folders on your C:\ (by default) You can not change the location of the downloads.

Quote: Downloading a SimCity™ 4 Lot

You are now ready to download your Lot from The SimCity 4 Lot Exchange.
This lot file will be placed in your '\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins' folder.
Next / Cancel

After you click Next you'll get this msg:" You have successfully downloaded the lot to your '\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins' folder. "

But Indeed this to me looks more like a problem for the EA support on the website itself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Post: #7
 
joltmeister Wrote:Funny...

Quote: ThatGuy"The files will be where you saved them to. They don't automatically go to your plugins.

Quote:ThatGuy...I've never downloaded from the exchange, so I don't know....

uh huh, that makes sense...

The files from the official websites are automatically downloaded into your plugin folders on your C:\ (by default) You can not change the location of the downloads.

The official SimCity 4 website is one of many lot exchanges. Every other exchange uses the usual saving method. Many of the lots on the exchange are poor quality or stolen so most people who know of these other sites stay away from the official SC4 website.


joltmeister Wrote:
Quote: Downloading a SimCity™ 4 Lot

You are now ready to download your Lot from The SimCity 4 Lot Exchange.
This lot file will be placed in your '\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins' folder.
Next / Cancel

After you click Next you'll get this msg:" You have successfully downloaded the lot to your '\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins' folder. "

But Indeed this to me looks more like a problem for the EA support on the website itself.

I did a test download after this particular thread to familiarize myself with the exchange (almost a year ago). I now know how it works.

EA in their infinite stupidity decided not to update when Microsoft changed their paths so the files cannot be put in the plugins folder. I do believe that EA has officially abandoned the site which explains the state of disrepair.

People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who do. Lol
I reject your reality and substitute my own. :wink:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)